The Inner Wheel District 317 (South) was formed on 20th of April 1968 comprising the Inner Wheel Club of Bangalore, IWC of Bangalore North, IWC of Bangalore South, IWC of Mysore, IWC of Shimoga and IWC of Sakleshpur. IWC of Tumkur and IWC of Hassan joined the District within a few months.
The District was inaugurated by District Governor Rtn. A.B. Ramanand and the founder Chairman of the District was Mrs. Malathi Ramakrishna Rao, member of IWC Bangalore. The first Conference of the District was held in Mysore on the 24th of August 1968. The IIW President Mrs. Lavender Weightman attended the Inter City meet which was held on the 22nd of November 1968 at the Rotary House of Friendship, Bangalore.
In the year 1970-71, due to re-organization, the District came into being as District 318 with Mrs. Sheila Irani as the District Chairman. The District was again bifurcated on the 1st of July 1977 into District 318 and the District 319.
(Late) Mrs. Anasuya Venson became the District Chairman of District 319 in 1977 with 14 clubs. Thus the old District of 317(South) was divided into District 317, District 318 and District 319.
In the year 1978-79, when Late Mrs. Ahalya Bai was the District Chairman, a long cherished ambition of the District to start an Inner Wheel District Foundation Fund was fulfilled with Rs.705/- as the basic fund amount.
The Inner Wheel District 319 as it stands today comprises the revenue Districts of Bangalore, Tumkur, Kolar and Mandya in Karnataka and Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh. At present we have 39 clubs with 1429 members.
PAST IIWRs AND PAST ASSOCIATION PRESIDENTS FROM DISTRICT 319
|(Late)Mrs. Malathi Ramakrishna Rao||1971-72|
|Mrs. Nagamani Chandrashekar||1975-76|
|Mrs. Prema G.Ullal||1978-1979|
PAST ASSOCIATION OFFICE BEARERS
|Mrs. Shaila Visveswaraiah||1980-81 Treasurer|
|Mrs. Bhargavi Satyan||1985-86 Secretary|
|Dr. (Mrs.)Nirmala Gupta||1989-90 Treasurer|
|Dr. Roopa Surendranath||1993-94 Treasurer|
|Mrs. Shailaja B. Bhat||2002-03 Secretary|
|Mrs. Renu Iyer||2014-15 NE|